Guy Greetings by Stamping’ Up! #CCMC445
It’s Thursday! And you know what that means don’t you? Yes it’s time for this week’s challenge over at Create with Connie & Mary! And it’s a sketch this week. At first I had pretty and pink and flowers in mind but then I remembered I need a man card for a friend’s birthday this week. One of the design team had used Guy Greetings by Stamping’ Up! on the last sketch challenge and that inspired me to get it out for today’s card.
- I started by masking the oblong from the sketch using post it notes and created the ombre effect with Soft Sky, Pool Party and Marina Mist ink.
- I then stamped the guy and anchor onto a scrap of Whisper White. I used the Stitched Shapes dies to cut out the anchor but cut the guy out by hand.
- Then I added a little Marina Mist with a blender pen just to give him some colour.
- Under the banner, I’ve stamped the drinks cup stain from Timeless Textures.
- Then I attached the banner and the anchor circle to the card front, using the (sadly) now retired handheld stapler.
- The card front is mounted onto a Marina Mist card base.
- The guy is attached using some Stamping’ Dimensionals.
All in all I’m reasonably happy with the card and I think my friend will think it’s a bit quirky and hopefully should like it! Please do pop over to the Create with Connie & Mary challenge blog to see what the rest of the team has come up with for you this week!
Thanks for stopping by!