Touches of Texture by Stampin’ Up!
Hey there! I’m back today with a card I CASE’d from myself! Ha ha ha! I love the new Touches of Texture by Stampin’ Up! This stamp set is so versatile! You can use it for creating backgrounds, as well as making it the focal point of a card, as I have done here!
So what card did I CASE? Do you remember the Flowering Fields Sale-a-bration stamp set and this card?
I used the same technique to create today’s card.
- Colour an acrylic block with green ink on the bottom and blue ink on top (I used Pear Pizazz and Wild Wasabi for the green and Soft Sky and Pool Party for the blue);
- Spritz the ink with water and then stamp down onto watercolour paper. Leave to dry;
- Once dry colour your flower stamps with Stampin’ Write Markers (I used Garden Green, Rose Red and Crushed Curry)
- I spritzed the image with water and coloured in the petals and leaves and then left it to dry;
- Once it was dry, I stamped the image again to get the crisp outline.
- After I put the card together, I splattered some Gold Wink of Stella over it and then added a touch to the centres of the flowers!
So what do you think? I really like splattering the Wink of Stella pens over the whole of the card, not just the card front, but you could do this step before you assemble your card, if you prefer not to get spatters on the other layers!
Well that’s it from me today! I’ve got to get ready for tomorrow night’s card class. I’m really looking forward to it, but so far I’ve only designed one project! I need two more in a hurry! Lol – I’m always lastminute.com! EEEK! 🙂