More Touches of Texture by Stampin’ Up! for CCMC414
It’s time for another Create with Connie & Mary Colour Challenge. I’m bringing you more Touches of Texture by Stampin’ Up! I love this stamp set and I hope it sticks around with Gorgeous Grunge for a long time to come!
The colours for this challenge are Peekaboo Peach, Tangerine Tango and Cucumber Crush. I have to be honest, I have not been looking forward to creating something with this combination. I have been scratching my head since I first saw it and as usual I left it to the last minute to make my card.
I really love the card I came up with in the end! Sometimes for me, working under pressure is the best way. I don’t have time to overthink every single detail and whether it would look better a little different or in a different colour! LoL!
This card is really easy to create and would a great card if you need to make a big batch in one go!
- I stamped Peekaboo Peach as the background spatter;
- Stamp the flower stem in Cucumber Crush;
- Stamp the flower petals in Tangerine Tango;
- Stick a strip of the spotty Peekaboo Peach Washi Tape, from the Playful Palette Designer Washi Tape set, along the bottom right of the card front;
- Stamp your sentiment in StazOn along the Washi tape;
- Mount the card front onto a layer of Basic Black card stock and then onto a Whisper White Card Base;
- Finish off with some embellishments. I used the new Metallic Enamel Shapes (Silver).
That’s all there is to it. It’s a very simple, but very effective card. I hope you like it.
The rest of the design team have come up with more fantastic projects to inspire you, so pop over to the challenge page and take a look.