Happy Ornament by Stampin’ Up! #CCMC434
Hurrah it’s time for another challenge with Create with Connie & Mary! You may think I sound a little chipper considering it is a colour challenge – which I usually dread! This one however, I loved! Yes you read that right! I think it’s because I could pick Gold instead of Delightful Dijon! Myself and Delightful Dijon don’t get a along too well you see! I also think the fact that these colours lend themselves well to a Christmas theme helped me too! I’m using Happy Ornament by Stampin’ Up! for my challenge project.
Well it had to be done didn’t it! I’ve seen so many gorgeous water colour bauble Christmas cards over the last few years I have been crafting that I thought it was about time I came up with my own. This colour challenge was the perfect opportunity.
- Stamp with Versamark ink onto water colour paper. Heat emboss with Gold embossing powder.
- Mask off the hook and holder at the top with masking fluid
- Paint Cherry Cobbler ink inside the bauble. (I started off with a thin watery wash first). Leave to dry.
- Paint another wash with a darker Cherry Cobbler ink mix.
- Spray the ink whilst wet to force it outside of the bauble. Leave to dry.
- Splash some water droplets over the bauble and lifted some ink with a paper towel. Leave to dry.
- Splatter Cherry Cobbler and Gold Wink of Stella over the card front. Leave to dry.
- Remove the masking fluid from the hook and paint it directly with Gold Wink of Stella – it’s an opaque Wink of Stella unlike the Clear one.
- Add a few gold sequin stars and a trim of Gold Foil down the side.
- Finally mount the card front onto Cherry Cobbler and a Kraft card base!
Well I hope you have enjoyed my project. Please do pop over and see what the rest of the very talented design team have come up with this week over at Create with Connie & Mary.