Vintage Leaves by Stamping’ Up! #CCMC448
So what do you think of today’s colour challenge over at Create with Connie & Mary? As soon as I saw these colours, I knew I wanted to use the Vintage Leaves by Stamping’ Up! stamp set and create today’s card. I don’t know why though. Perhaps I have seen these colours on Pinterest or similar for a leafy card? Who knows? Anyway this is what I came up with (whilst hoping I haven’t inadvertently copied someone else!)
I still need to sort out the software that I use to add my watermarks. For some reason it is compressing the image and making it look grainy! But hopefully it’s clear enough to see the layers I have created?
- I started by stamping the leaves in Pool Party and then stamping over them with a splatter from Gorgeous Grunge in Smoky Slate and Chocolate Chip;
- I then stamped off the leaves in Chocolate Chip and before stamping over the Pool Party leaves;
- I stamped the large leaf in Chocolate Chip on a separate piece of Whisper White and then cut it out using the co-ordinatelu framelits dies;
- I wrapped Linen thread around the card front and attached it to the leaf before tying in a bow;
- The sentiment is from Thankful Thoughts and is also in Chocolate Chip’
- I adhered the card front to a Smoky Slate card base!
So what do you think? I hope you like it! All in all it came together pretty easily.
Thanks for stopping by. Please do pop over and see what the rest of the lovely design team have come up with for you this week!